Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lügen

the title means "lies" in German. enjoy! :DDD

Lügen

Change it,
The faces that you put on everyday.
Plaster your empty smile across your appearance,
Mutate the way the outsiders see you.

I see the pain that drives you,
The ambitions that unravel you.
I see the pats on the back they give;
You always go home and cry in the end.

I can see you look,
Each time your sight travels
I can see you try to find
Each time you have that searching expression.

Stand back as you see the mask
Your mask; see that they all put on
The same façade. I see your amazed look
When you finally figure it out.
But I doubt you ever will.

I don't need your pity,
You who hides behind a mask;
Too afraid to face the world.
I don't need your kindness….

Why don’t you just scream at me;
Run far away, and leave me be.
I see the truth that drives you,
And the lies that mask you.

I see your broken promises,
Lying under the rooftops of your past.
I see your shattered dreams,
Visible and taunting every time you dare to close your eyes.

I can see your pain,
The guilt that makes you lose yourself.
I see the haunting happiness
That gives you a false hope for the future
That is yet to come….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The saddest poem ever(very good !). Human being lives by hope and not by despair. The poem as a portrait of life in some certain phase, casts misery in the extreme and unknowingly haunting horror dares to question the very existence of life life. The weakest point is to jump in a pool of suffer ...suffer in silence and accept the suffer as a destiny. Why human being could not accept the reality and lead a life of own's choice ? I know that there may not be the answer of every questions- but I am pretty sure that accepting the routine is not an answer. I can still see the existence of life -a complete and meaningful- the poet reverse back to the very beginning. Hope should be the way of life.

Despite the disagreement with the poet/ees I appreciate the technicality and the in-depth sentiments generated through the lines of this powerful poem. Thanks for a wonderful piece.