Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dämmerung

title means Dusk in German = )

Dämmerung

Remember the black dusk,
Where we shared our dreams?
The boundless blue sky,
The emerald sea.

Remember the meadow,
Where the white flowers bloomed.
Where we ran, chasing the blue butterflies.
Where we laid, the sun shining on our faces.

Now, I see you,
And I think that maybe,
It was all a lie.
I know I wont miss you.

I can't seem to find
The words to describe how I've felt
During those times,
When you were just there, and not truly mine.

I used to break when I saw you.
The way you smiled,
Your quiet ways of being so easily amused.
I know I wont miss you.

I remember everyday,
When I used to just shine,
Feel I was lucky, knowing you.
I know I wont miss you.

I remember your promise,
I remember it everyday.
I know I could never miss you.

No, I could never miss
Your lies and boundless smiles;
Your warm laughter and cold eyes.
No, I could never miss you.

I remember the forests
We used to hide in,
We were so small
Compared to the majestic trees.

Through the darkness that fell,
As the blue sky darkened.
No, I don't miss you.
Not one bit.

No comments: