Friday, January 29, 2010

Eons

= )

Eons

It's been years,
Centuries,
Since I've felt this old.

My bones have dried
And they shake every time I move.
My muscles have become nonexistent,
And my eyes have lost their sight.

It's been millenniums since
I took back my throne,
And yet my subjects haven't gotten used to me.

It's been decades
Since I got back what's mine,
And just months since I wrote my history.

Fate tells of such a destiny,
Of a calm life
And happy days.

Fate tells of such a destiny,
The same destiny,
So tedious,
With no wars,
No differences,
No uniqueness .

There are no histories,
No accomplishments.

It's been millenniums
Since I took my throne,
As the ruler.

It's been eons,
My bones have grown weak,
And my citadels lie in ruins.

3 comments:

Baldev Bhatta said...

Great Ever Creation. perfect art of genre,I am Loving it and I have repeated lines 7 times now! Thanks Indeed for being there with those senses!!

Anonymous said...

This is really superb! I am impressed the way you select the words. Perfect.. wonderful!
As a reader just wanted to have more varieties including with a positive mood as well. But a creator knows better in which theme and style s/he can satisfy her/himself. So keep expressing yourself..
I like the previous one too.
- Raksha

Unknown said...

Made me halt while walking across the lines. It's really wonderful!

Felt I never feel like this great depth before. Keep it up !